Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vanished Folder!

Hello someone!

I created a folder in the favourites section and added files to it and then somehow "lost" it. I checked the trash bin to see if I had accidentally deleted it but it wasn't there. I checked in all other folders. I did the standard search in Finder. The favourites icon is on "show" so it's not hidden. A real mystery, can anyone help with other suggestions to look for it please?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 3:38 AM

Hello Kappy, I tried all your suggestions and still didn't find it. When you create a folder in the favourites or downloads and then you delete it, does it go to the bin? I looked there and there was nothing. That is what I think I did. This morning I went to my back-up on the time machine and recovered some of the files but I had since the last back up created others. I guess I will just have to live without them. Thank you for your assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2020 3:38 AM in response to Kappy

Hello Kappy, I tried all your suggestions and still didn't find it. When you create a folder in the favourites or downloads and then you delete it, does it go to the bin? I looked there and there was nothing. That is what I think I did. This morning I went to my back-up on the time machine and recovered some of the files but I had since the last back up created others. I guess I will just have to live without them. Thank you for your assistance.

Vanished Folder!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.