Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LOGIC PRO X 10.5.1 ISSUES ! :( Does Not Start !

HI !

i'm updated yesterday to 10.5.1 my Logic Pro X and Does not start ! Please Help ! what is the problem ?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 6:33 PM

Logic 10.5.1 will NOT load. Get registry error every time. This reminds me of why I switched from Windows to Apple years ago...I got tired of all the updates and registry errors. Seems like Apple has been in a down hill slide since Cook took over. Reliability seems to be not so reliable anymore. If anyone figures why Logic has suddenly stopped loading I'd appreciate seeing the answer.

Thanks.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 6:33 PM in response to Gitanonagylaci714

Logic 10.5.1 will NOT load. Get registry error every time. This reminds me of why I switched from Windows to Apple years ago...I got tired of all the updates and registry errors. Seems like Apple has been in a down hill slide since Cook took over. Reliability seems to be not so reliable anymore. If anyone figures why Logic has suddenly stopped loading I'd appreciate seeing the answer.

Thanks.

Jun 18, 2020 3:47 PM in response to generalgring

Yo I fixed it myself, go in Logic’s audio cache’s preset...trash them and restart the program, managed to solve it without huge mess..it will rescan everything and save from the freeze loop!

also I’ve cancelled all the third party components that created conflicts(weren’t really working anyway)

Apple AudioUnits Cache

User Library

(it’s HIDDEN, use terminal commands or anything needed to see it)

Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache

trash it

Hope that helps!

Jul 9, 2020 4:03 PM in response to dafingaz

PROBLEM SOLVED WITH APPLE SUPPORT READ HERE HOW TO SOLVE (Another method): I just got off the phone with a Senior Apple Support member (genius?) and they fixed my problem. The 10.5.1 update completely does not support 32 bit plugins anymore (apparently 10.5 still supported it to some extent). Now, if you have any 32 bit plugins, you have to delete them (or remove them from the Components folder) to get Logic to open. Not sure if this will help anyone, here is what they had me to:

• Make sure Logic is closed. Navigate to your plugin folder (Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components)
  • Copy the components folder and all plugins to the desktop.
  • Delete the plugins in the original folder (but keep the folder).
  • Drag and drop a few of the plugins from the Desktop Components folder (maybe 20 or so) and copy them over to the original Components folder.
  • Open Logic. If Logic opens, then none of those plugins are problematic.
  • Copy a few more back over. Open Logic.
  • When Logic doesn't open, that means one of the plug-ins you copied over has a problem. You may be able to tell which one by looking at the year of the Plug-Ins (usually older ones may be 32 bit) or you may have to narrow it down.
  • Narrow it down: Drag and drop the plug-ins back to the desktop Components folder (from the main Components folder) the last group of Plug-Ins you copied.
  • Then copy over less (maybe 10) from the Desktop to the main Components folder. Open Logic.
  • Repeat the process until you can narrow down which plug-in(s) are causing Logic not to open.

I have about 500 plugins and the process took about 10 minutes. Not a long time to get back to using Logic. I hope to have a video up on my page later today showing the process. https://www.youtube.com/dafingaz1

As always, this was a solution that worked for me. There may be other solutions to your specific problem. Hope this helps. Stay safe everyone!

Jun 17, 2020 3:36 PM in response to Jojofmusic

This is exactly my problem too! It simply freezes as it’s verifying plug-in’s. Interestingly GarageBand doesn’t have this issue and I’m being forced to orchestrate my projects with my third party plugins with GarageBand for now. Before Logic Pro X 10.5.1 I was starting to get some glitchy behavior like the main work environment not fully displaying my tracks until I click on the screen somewhere, it was simply weird! I’ve been using Logic for nearly 15 years without these types of issues. I appreciate how much of Logic Pro X made its way into GarageBand, but I need Logic Pro X to start working properly now.

Jun 18, 2020 12:46 PM in response to Rhodie73

same problem, i did not open Logic for a couple of weeks for a break from the studio, and today when i open it, "You Are using incompatible Audio Units" window pops every time and program freezes...some pop up windows appeared, showing .components that weren't fine with the program, i've erased them from the computer, rebooted, still can't "ignore" or "start Plug-in manager"

i'm like on a standstill :(

Jun 18, 2020 5:18 PM in response to Heartik

Once you have deleted the Apple AudioUnits Cache ala;

'User Library

(it’s HIDDEN, use terminal commands or anything needed to see it)

Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache

trash it'

Allow Logic to boot and rescan all your plug-ins, you will get multiple errors, here is how to fix and get back up running;

1) Open your Plug-In Manager in Logic

2) Open the folder Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components (Not the same hidden Library folder)

3) Sort your Plug-In Manager in Logic and find the Plug-ins with compatibility issues

4) Manually delete each plug-in from the Components folder on your hard drive (these will end in .component)

This fixed my issues I have been having with Logic hanging and giving Registry errors. All of my plug-ins were old trial versions that hadn't been updated in years. If it is an essential plug-in that you use I would suggest moving the .component file to another folder to see if this resolves your issue. Most likely the Plug-In needs to be updated to play nice with Logic Pro X's latest version.

Now back to producing!!!

Jul 30, 2020 9:53 PM in response to Gitanonagylaci714

Yes got exactly the same error after working with it for ages without a problem.

I had copied across my programs previously from my old MacBook pro to my new one all was working fine.

Unfortunately Apple has taken a leaf out of Microsofts book and they believe they own your system not you and will update it anyway they want thanks very much. That used to be the differentiator between Apple and MS - Apple cared about its products now whatever is cheaper is the option unfortunately.

moved out all of my plugins so that showed it was one of them then copied them back until it froze again and I could narrow it down.

LOGIC PRO X 10.5.1 ISSUES ! :( Does Not Start !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.