Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer running very slowly. programs keep crashing when attempting to open them.

My computer began running very slowly overnight. I was using logic pro x one evening, and the next evening the computer would barely start up and logic would crash when trying to open. I will post the report here, hopefully that is ok and helpful.

Thank you so much for hopefully helping in my frustrations. Or at least telling me what to do next

iMac 27″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 4:30 PM

Bentgroves wrote:

but you should be able to see that I already used the add text feature on this post...

sorry, yes i did notice that. but my original reply is a "cookie cutter" reply as i need to use it often. i tend to not delete things from it to suit each question that i see where that reply is needed. :)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 4:30 PM in response to Bentgroves

Bentgroves wrote:

but you should be able to see that I already used the add text feature on this post...

sorry, yes i did notice that. but my original reply is a "cookie cutter" reply as i need to use it often. i tend to not delete things from it to suit each question that i see where that reply is needed. :)

Nov 8, 2021 3:16 PM in response to Bentgroves

i'm thinking you should download and run the free version of EtreCheck so we can see if you have some software installed that is causing your issue. make sure you give "full disk access" to etrecheck. read how to use it by reading Using EtreCheck. if you need help interpreting the report, you can see how to post the report here by reading How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report. and it automatically obscures sensitive things (like serial numbers) so you don't have to worry about sharing the report here.

Computer running very slowly. programs keep crashing when attempting to open them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.