Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Music unable to burn CD

After I purchased music from the music store I've tried to burn it onto a disc and I keep getting the error...is an apple music song and cannot be burned to disc. Looking for assistance on how to go about burning purchased music onto a disc.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 6:44 AM

Hello Buddacup40,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are trying to burn music to a disc but are getting an error that a song from Apple Music cannot be burned to disc. This is correct. If you downloaded the song for offline use from Apple Music it cannot be burned to a disc. Apple Music is a subscription service and the monthly payment for Apple Music pays for the subscription, not the individual songs. If you purchased the song from iTunes, you will need to download it from your purchases and then it can be burned to a disc. This article will provide you with the steps on how to download your purchased items:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 6:44 AM in response to Buddacup40

Hello Buddacup40,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are trying to burn music to a disc but are getting an error that a song from Apple Music cannot be burned to disc. This is correct. If you downloaded the song for offline use from Apple Music it cannot be burned to a disc. Apple Music is a subscription service and the monthly payment for Apple Music pays for the subscription, not the individual songs. If you purchased the song from iTunes, you will need to download it from your purchases and then it can be burned to a disc. This article will provide you with the steps on how to download your purchased items:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Itunes Music unable to burn CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.