Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some files can't burn to cd error

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with burning my playlist to an audio CD. I get the error "Some files can't be burned to cd" and that being the issue for just about every track. I'm doing this through an Apple Music subscription, could this possibly be because the song I want to burn aren't technically purchased? Attached is the message I'm getting from iTunes. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated. This is a gift for someone, please help.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 5:44 PM

magoo_24 wrote:
I'm doing this through an Apple Music subscription, could this possibly be because the song I want to burn aren't technically purchased?

You got it. You can download Apple Music subscription tracks for offline listening, but they are DRM-protected and cannot be burned.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 5:44 PM in response to magoo_24

magoo_24 wrote:
I'm doing this through an Apple Music subscription, could this possibly be because the song I want to burn aren't technically purchased?

You got it. You can download Apple Music subscription tracks for offline listening, but they are DRM-protected and cannot be burned.

Some files can't burn to cd error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.