Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery key for MacBook Pro

Hi I have forgotten my oassword for my MacBook Pro and I have followed restart instructions but I can’t get a recovery key. I have tried going into security in my Apple ID area but there is no option for recovery keys

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 2:47 PM

A Recovery Key was used in conjunction with the older Two-Step Verification process for an Apple ID. You were required to keep note of the key ... even writing it down. Apple does not store them and cannot assist you with them.

At this point you will need to ask Apple's Apple ID Account Security team for further assistance with this matter. To contact them, click here and pick a method; if that page doesn't list one for your country or you're unable to call, fill out and submit this form.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2020 2:47 PM in response to freya55

A Recovery Key was used in conjunction with the older Two-Step Verification process for an Apple ID. You were required to keep note of the key ... even writing it down. Apple does not store them and cannot assist you with them.

At this point you will need to ask Apple's Apple ID Account Security team for further assistance with this matter. To contact them, click here and pick a method; if that page doesn't list one for your country or you're unable to call, fill out and submit this form.

Recovery key for MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.