Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recovery key

my password on my MacBook Pro isn’t working. Where do I find my recovery key?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 6:18 PM

Hi Mukluksyu,

If you enabled FileVault earlier on your MacBook Pro, you were prompted to choose where to save the recovery key:

• To iCloud: If you chose this option, follow these steps to reset your password. You'll be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID as part of the process.

• Elsewhere: The recovery key was shown onscreen during the FileVault setup process. Unfortunately, if you didn't write down this key, there is no way to recover it.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2022 6:18 PM in response to Mukluksyu

Hi Mukluksyu,

If you enabled FileVault earlier on your MacBook Pro, you were prompted to choose where to save the recovery key:

• To iCloud: If you chose this option, follow these steps to reset your password. You'll be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID as part of the process.

• Elsewhere: The recovery key was shown onscreen during the FileVault setup process. Unfortunately, if you didn't write down this key, there is no way to recover it.

recovery key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.