Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

KIds Apple ID and photos

I have an old iPad 2 which is still good for my Daughter to watch Netflix etc. I have set up family sharing and she has her own kids apple id. How can I stop my photos appearing on her ipad? They appear even when she is logged in with her own apple id. I have turned off photo sharing and icloud sharing, which removes photos from the ipad, however if she enables it again the photos are loaded on the ipad again? If she then inadvertently deletes any, they are removed from my apple id photos account. I dont know how or why my photos are loading on her ipad, other than it being on family sharing. I have followed all the disabling photos icloud etc. The ipad has also been reset to factory setting, logged in with only her id but the photos are still linked? why?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 4:20 AM

Hi Zinacef, I logged out and then removed the device from my own ID account. I then factory reset the iPad. Set it up as new with my daughters Apple ID. I disabled photo sharing but the photos still load when sharing is enabled from the reconfigured iPad. I assumed I would need to disable my daughters ID from My own account but still for some reason the photos are still there. If I delete them when logged in via my daughters ID on her now iPad... will it delete photos from my account. It seems so!! I'm at a loss what to try next. Thought someone may have had the same issue at some point. Thanks for adding :)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2020 4:20 AM in response to zinacef

Hi Zinacef, I logged out and then removed the device from my own ID account. I then factory reset the iPad. Set it up as new with my daughters Apple ID. I disabled photo sharing but the photos still load when sharing is enabled from the reconfigured iPad. I assumed I would need to disable my daughters ID from My own account but still for some reason the photos are still there. If I delete them when logged in via my daughters ID on her now iPad... will it delete photos from my account. It seems so!! I'm at a loss what to try next. Thought someone may have had the same issue at some point. Thanks for adding :)

KIds Apple ID and photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.