Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing

I have just got a new iPad mostly for my daughter and set up family sharing ( with me as organiser ) and an Apple ID for her but she still has access to all my photos on my phone which I don’t want. How do we restrict her having access to my photos on my phone but of course able to create her own album s with photos on the iPad do that with family sharing. Thanks

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 7:00 PM

Based on what you posted, whose Apple ID is signed into Settings/Your Name? You posted the iPad was mostly for her use. If her ID is now signed in, did you ever have your ID signed into Settings/Your Name which could have synced your photos to the iPad?

If you want, you can try resetting the iPad using the steps in the article below to make it 'her' iPad. After that don't allow anyone else to sign into the iPad using their Apple ID and password.

Selling/Giving Away Device

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 7:00 PM in response to KSwaussieaway

Based on what you posted, whose Apple ID is signed into Settings/Your Name? You posted the iPad was mostly for her use. If her ID is now signed in, did you ever have your ID signed into Settings/Your Name which could have synced your photos to the iPad?

If you want, you can try resetting the iPad using the steps in the article below to make it 'her' iPad. After that don't allow anyone else to sign into the iPad using their Apple ID and password.

Selling/Giving Away Device

Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.