Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to update my imac 2011 from sierra to high sierra but cannot find high sierra in the app store.

Can I still download high sierra installer?

Link for installing it via app store takes me to the app store where it says it is not currently available in the US (or UK).

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 11:19 PM

The link really does work but you must use the Safari browser for it to work.

Firefox will not work.

So give it another go.

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Go to Section 4 ad click on Get macOS High Sierra

this will redirect you to the App Store High Sierra page

it should say Get or Download.

See below, note the date.

if the App Store says 'Open' then the App Store has detected a copy of Install macOS High Sierra.app in your

Application folder. Locate it , move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable, restart your mac and try again.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading, do not use any other devices that share the same internet connection.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2020 11:19 PM in response to minako77

The link really does work but you must use the Safari browser for it to work.

Firefox will not work.

So give it another go.

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Go to Section 4 ad click on Get macOS High Sierra

this will redirect you to the App Store High Sierra page

it should say Get or Download.

See below, note the date.

if the App Store says 'Open' then the App Store has detected a copy of Install macOS High Sierra.app in your

Application folder. Locate it , move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

Connect your mac to your router via cable, restart your mac and try again.

Do not use the mac while it is downloading, do not use any other devices that share the same internet connection.

Jun 14, 2020 10:18 AM in response to Eau Rouge

WOW!!! You Rock!!!

You totally called that one right!

I was unable to get to the High Sierrra installer thru Firefox, but I had no issues in Safari, as you guided.

Now I am running High Sierra on my mid-2011 iMac!!! Guess I don't have to worry about OS installs after this one on this computer...end of the line it appears. This iMac has been so good that I am thrilled to extend its life, but maybe it's almost time to get a new computer and pass this one down to kids doing HW...

And I was just about to go down a harder and (for me) scarier route to try to get High Sierra when I saw your post.

THANK YOU so much for your help!!!!

I want to update my imac 2011 from sierra to high sierra but cannot find high sierra in the app store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.