Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to keep excel files like numbers after rebooting.

I use iWork and Mac OS version of Office as well on my MacBook pro 16 inch, and I always need to have bunch of files opened all the time as reference in my work, so I hate to reopen them one by one when sometimes I have to reboot my MacBook.

I found that no matter how many pages, keynote, or numbers files I opened, they will automatically start after I reboot my computer, but not so much with word, ppt, or excel. So is there a way to also open office files just like iWork files after rebooting?

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 11:27 AM

Greetings JnCage,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you'd prefer for a few apps and documents to open each time you log in on your Mac.

I suggest ensuring you have the desired apps and documents added as a login item, as outlined in the following article: Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple Support

Kind regards.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 11:27 AM in response to JnCage

Greetings JnCage,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you'd prefer for a few apps and documents to open each time you log in on your Mac.

I suggest ensuring you have the desired apps and documents added as a login item, as outlined in the following article: Open items automatically when you log in on Mac - Apple Support

Kind regards.

How to keep excel files like numbers after rebooting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.