Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i delete my data from old phone today and lost it on my new phone

how can i restore my data from my old phone ?

iPhone 5s, iOS 11

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 8:51 AM

If your old phone was synced to iCloud when you deleted the texts from the phone it also deleted them from iCloud. If the new phone was also synced to iCloud then the texts on it were deleted also as part of the sync process. If this is what happened there is no way to recover them.

3 replies

Jun 14, 2020 9:16 AM in response to morad1973

Sorry I didn’t have better news. Most data on a phone can be recovered, but not messages. I don’t know why Apple chose to not have a “recently deleted” file for messages, as it does for photos. And you can recover lost contacts and calendar data from iCloud.com if you sync to it. But not messages. Maybe some feedback to Apple is in order: https://apple.com/feedback

i delete my data from old phone today and lost it on my new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.