Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X 10.5.1 Now stuck on loading screen 'Updating Info About Audio Unit Plugins'

My iMac auto updated to 10.5.1 and now Logic Pro X gets stuck on the loading screen with the message "updating information about audio unit plugins". I've been running 10.5 since it came out and now issues.

I've done a reinstall of the software but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Any other work arounds. I have a small number of reliable 3rd party plug but don't want to reinstall them if there are other options.

Thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 3:48 PM

You need to access it from the hidden Library folder:

1. Go to the Finder (or desktop).
  2. Hold the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
  3. With the Go menu open, you'll notice that pressing and releasing Option will display or hide the Library choice in this menu.
  4. Select Library from the Go menu (while holding down Option) to access the hidden folder.

In there select Caches/AudioUnitCache

In my case there were two cache files in there which I had to trash (both).

Upon restarting Logic it rescanned for plugins and recreated the caches.

Once again, this is what I did with Apple support, but it might not be the correct course of action for you.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2020 3:48 PM in response to berg303

You need to access it from the hidden Library folder:

1. Go to the Finder (or desktop).
  2. Hold the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
  3. With the Go menu open, you'll notice that pressing and releasing Option will display or hide the Library choice in this menu.
  4. Select Library from the Go menu (while holding down Option) to access the hidden folder.

In there select Caches/AudioUnitCache

In my case there were two cache files in there which I had to trash (both).

Upon restarting Logic it rescanned for plugins and recreated the caches.

Once again, this is what I did with Apple support, but it might not be the correct course of action for you.

Jun 18, 2020 8:51 AM in response to berg303

I have just been talking to Apple about this exact problem, and in my case it was resolved by trashing the com.apple.audiounits.cache. When I restarted Logic it rescanned all of my plugins and told me which ones were incompatible. In my case it was a bunch of legacy Steinberg plugins that I never used anyway so I just deleted the lot. By the way, this solution might not work for you and my recommendation would be for you to call Apple if you are not comfortable with tinkering. I am just telling you what solved my problem and take no responsibility for what you might decide to do.

Logic Pro X 10.5.1 Now stuck on loading screen 'Updating Info About Audio Unit Plugins'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.