Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina: Pop-Up's during Start up

Until I upgraded to Catalina, I'd had no problems with unexpected Pop-ups unless there was a serious issue with an App or Program, and then I was usually given enough time to either figure out what the problem was or what I wanted to do with the App/Program. This one seems to involve incoming traffic permissions and the Pop-up message, while giving Radio Button options to 'confirm or deny permission', doesn't stay on the screen long enough to do either before disappearing into the background.

This makes me kinda' nervous.

I didn't know what the program was (Took a few restarts just to get the NAME of it- 'Mediasharingd'), what it was connecting to, or what it's doing (Almost makes me feel like i'm running a Windows Machine)

Found a related discussion that took place around Jan-Feb '20 >https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250778511?answerId=251863469022#251863469022<

Discussion indicates this has something to do with iTunes sharing info across Authorized Devices. SOMEWHAT reassuring. Still would rather my computer wasn't communicating with... Whoever... without my permission (Yes, i'm aware that ALL devices do this. One thing to know it, quite another to have a device SHOW YOU it's doing it while denying the chance to do anything about it) I attempted to implement the suggestions the Community provided but, No joy. Still getting these Pop-Ups, almost randomly, after start.

Is anyone else continuing to have this problem? Any suggestions/ideas on how to STOP it from happening?

Powerbook

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 4:55 PM

If you have the Firewall turned on, you will get those messages.

If your Mac is behind a Network Address Translation (NAT) router, then the firewall is doing nothing but displaying cryptic messages that cause undue consternation.

Similar questions

1 reply

Catalina: Pop-Up's during Start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.