Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app won't start with Catalina

Got Catalina. The new Music.app won't start now, just sits there in the dock and bounces. The only option is to force quit and waiting forever leads to nothing opening, just it saying "Application Not Responding" on right click.

Any idea how to fix this? I have suspicions that it's somehow a permissions error but I don't know how to change that as it's in the read-only file system...

The new Podcasts and TV apps work fine though. It's just Music.

Posted on May 20, 2020 12:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 12:42 PM

Hi Graytr,

I understand that you are unable to launch the Music app in macOS Catalina.

I would recommend starting your device in Safe Mode to test if the issue continues to occur. You can learn how to do so here: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

If the issue persists, the next step would be to test in a new User Account. You can learn how to do so here: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

If the issue persists in a new User Account, I would encourage you reinstall macOS. You can learn how to do so here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery.

If you continue to have the issue, please don't hesitate to report back for further guidance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2020 12:42 PM in response to Graytr

Hi Graytr,

I understand that you are unable to launch the Music app in macOS Catalina.

I would recommend starting your device in Safe Mode to test if the issue continues to occur. You can learn how to do so here: How to use safe mode on your Mac.

If the issue persists, the next step would be to test in a new User Account. You can learn how to do so here: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

If the issue persists in a new User Account, I would encourage you reinstall macOS. You can learn how to do so here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery.

If you continue to have the issue, please don't hesitate to report back for further guidance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Music app won't start with Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.