Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

exporting failure for iMovie

I try to export a video, each time it reports as failure to render frame. I tried other fixes by restarting my Mac, closing out other applications in case of a crash, using disk utility to check for anything wrong, but it keeps giving the same output. any ideas-

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 8:03 PM

You have a corrupt frame in your project that is causing the export to abort. Expand out your timeline and slowly scroll through, looking for black frames, white flashes, artifacts and any other signs of corruption. Cut out any that you find. Good idea to duplicate your movie first and work with the duplicate.

— Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2020 8:03 PM in response to AlphyGaming

You have a corrupt frame in your project that is causing the export to abort. Expand out your timeline and slowly scroll through, looking for black frames, white flashes, artifacts and any other signs of corruption. Cut out any that you find. Good idea to duplicate your movie first and work with the duplicate.

— Rich

exporting failure for iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.