Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a macbook pro, late 2013, (910.9.5), Retina. How do I upgrade to Catalina

I have a macbook pro, late 2013, (910.9.5), Retina. How do I upgrade to Catalina?

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 8:30 PM

2 replies

Jun 14, 2020 8:32 PM in response to wr50

How to upgrade to macOS Catalina. Catalina will not run 32-bit apps, so you need to delete them or upgrade them to 64-bit apps. See Go64 to find and remove 32-bit apps.

Before You Upgrade macOS

1. Fix any problems before upgrading.
  2. Run First Aid in Disk Utility while booted from your Recovery HD.
  3. Backup. Make a bootable clone using CarbonCopy Cloner or use TimeMachine.
  4. Be sure your startup disk has 18-20GB of free space during the installation.
  5. Upgrade third-party software for compatibility. See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps. If you have mission critical software, then DO NOT upgrade until you know that software is compatible with the version of macOS you are about to install.
  6. Disconnect all third-party peripherals.
  7. Download the installer which will be in the Applications folder. Quit the installer after it opens, then make a copy of the installer and save it in the Downloads folder. The one in the Applications folder will be deleted after a successful installation.
  8. The download is large, anywhere between 5 and 9GBs. It takes time to complete. Be patient.
  9. Double-click on the installer in the Applications folder. Click on the start button to begin the installation.

I have a macbook pro, late 2013, (910.9.5), Retina. How do I upgrade to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.