Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello guys it's my first here. 2 weeks ago I bought an iPhone xr from someone in Marrakech but when I tried to open it shows me activation lock so now is there anyone can help . And the main problem that's I don't know the owner of the phone

I need ur help someone can unlock icloud for me as I'm new iphone user

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 9:42 AM

IF you can't contact the person you bought the phone from, then the phone is useless.

You would need the original owners information to remove the icloud activation lock.

Read here Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

8 replies

Jun 15, 2020 9:44 AM in response to momo198

You acquired your device second hand from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller. The information below explains what has happened. You apparently didn't know to heed the advice given below.

"Before you buy/acquire an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller, make sure that the device is erased and no longer linked to the previous owner’s account."

And see: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365. See this heading Check for Activation Lock before you buy/acquire a device from someone else.

The presence of activation lock means that we can't help you. We are not authorized to remove the activation lock from any device. And, under your circumstances, Apple support will not remove it since you cannot provide proof of ownership that they will consider to be sufficient. You would need and have your purchase receipt for the device from an authorized Apple seller with the device's serial number on it. 

All I can suggest is that you try to recovery the needed password (or possibly the purchase price) from the party you acquired the iPhone from. Recovering the password is the only way the phone can be made functional for your use. And getting it from the person you acquired it from is the only way to so.

Jun 15, 2020 9:56 AM in response to donv_the_ghost

But sir in my place there's no apple store or anything like that. I bought the phone from Marrakech Morocco 🇲🇦 at a local market and here in my city we don't deal like u guys.

Here if u like the phone u just pay the price and the phone is urs so is there any way to help me with please if u want I can give u the IMEI or SN if u want

Jun 15, 2020 10:13 AM in response to momo198

There is nothing we can do for you unless you have your purchase receipt for the device from an authorized Apple seller with the device's serial number on it.  And, as I said: "All I can suggest is that you try to recovery the needed password (or possibly the purchase price) from the party you acquired the iPhone from. Recovering the password is the only way the phone can be made functional for your use. And getting it from the person you acquired it from is the only way to so."

Hello guys it's my first here. 2 weeks ago I bought an iPhone xr from someone in Marrakech but when I tried to open it shows me activation lock so now is there anyone can help . And the main problem that's I don't know the owner of the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.