Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Microphone Not Working

I’ve recently noticed that my left AirPod no longer works during phone calls. While I can hear the person on the other end of the call, they can not hear me and instead only hears static. Has anyone else had this problem and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks!!

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 12:24 AM

Are your AirPods fully charged? If not, try giving them a full charge and then test to see if this helps: Charge your AirPods with charging case and learn about battery life.

If not, you might try re-connecting your AirPods. First, tap Settings > Bluetooth. The tap the 'i' next to your AirPod and tap Forget This Device. The next step is to put your AirPods in your case and close it. Wait 15 seconds, and then open it. Next, press and hold the setup button on the back until you see an amber light followed by a white light. Then, re-pair the AirPods and test: Get help with your AirPods.

If you find the microphone audio is still breaking up or not working, try to get in touch with Apple using this link to look at your options: Contact Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 12:24 AM in response to 11SM33

Are your AirPods fully charged? If not, try giving them a full charge and then test to see if this helps: Charge your AirPods with charging case and learn about battery life.

If not, you might try re-connecting your AirPods. First, tap Settings > Bluetooth. The tap the 'i' next to your AirPod and tap Forget This Device. The next step is to put your AirPods in your case and close it. Wait 15 seconds, and then open it. Next, press and hold the setup button on the back until you see an amber light followed by a white light. Then, re-pair the AirPods and test: Get help with your AirPods.

If you find the microphone audio is still breaking up or not working, try to get in touch with Apple using this link to look at your options: Contact Apple Support.

AirPod Microphone Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.