Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xbox Controller on iPad Pro Bluetooth interference with Bluetooth Headphones (Including Air Pods)

I recently purchased an iPad Pro 11 2020 edition and I tried connecting my Xbox one s controller to my iPad and it seamlessly worked. I was able to play games like Fortnite with the controller without any problems. However, when I tried connecting my AirPods to my iPad to use for in game audio, every time I pressed a button on my controller, there would be some interference with the audio on my AirPod. As the airpods and Xbox controller have different profiles, I didn’t expect them to cause any interference between one another’s Bluetooth connections. Thinking that the airpods were the problem, I purchased a Bluetooth headset and connected it to my iPad and checked the in game audio. Still the same problem persisted... I really don’t know what to do and I am pretty sure there is some bug in the Bluetooth software for the iPad Pro 2020 edition because I read on other forums that others with the iPad Pro 2020 edition (only this edition of the iPad Pro was having this issue) were having the same problem with their Bluetooth headset scutting out their audio while pressing buttons on a Bluetooth connected Xbox one controller. Can someone please let me know how I should proceed to fix my Bluetooth audio issue?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 4:09 PM

Hello,

This should not be occurring.

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

Similar questions

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2020 4:09 PM in response to BamBamKam31

Hello,

This should not be occurring.

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

Jun 17, 2020 3:57 PM in response to BamBamKam31

I have this same issue using an ipad pro 2020 11 inch, from what I have been told airpods take up a lot of bandwidth and that is causing the issue. To resolve this I tried to use the xbox controller in wired mode but that currently isn't supported. Have other users not using the 2020 ipad pro not had this issue? Let me know if you find a solution.

Jul 11, 2020 5:20 PM in response to Strikesbac

This exact thing is happening on my 2020 11” iPad Pro. And it’s really bad. When I am playing anything using an Xbox One controller and the AirPod pros, my controller has laggy input and drifts horribly and my audio is very choppy. This is for any game I try to play on my iPad using a controller and the AirPods, from Minecraft to COD Mobile. I haven't been able to fix it and would also like a solution.

Xbox Controller on iPad Pro Bluetooth interference with Bluetooth Headphones (Including Air Pods)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.