Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some fonts not showing up for Catalina

I saw an article stating that Catalina had additional fonts that could be downloaded (Canela, Graphik, Produkt, and others.) It said that the fonts should be listed in All Fonts and greyed out. I see other greyed out fonts, but not the fonts listed in the article.

Is there a way for me to download them through macOS without resorting to a free site? I tried resetting the fonts for the system and that didn't work.

I'm running 10.15.3 (beta) in Canada.

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 4:11 PM

I think you have to be in the current 10.15.5 version of Catalina to see those in Font Book. You then highlight any of the grayed out names and click the Download button.

Note that at least 90% of these are non-English fonts. You'll see this as you display the grayed out font previews before downloading them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2020 4:11 PM in response to Mcculloj

I think you have to be in the current 10.15.5 version of Catalina to see those in Font Book. You then highlight any of the grayed out names and click the Download button.

Note that at least 90% of these are non-English fonts. You'll see this as you display the grayed out font previews before downloading them.

Some fonts not showing up for Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.