Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro 2017 13" Touch Bar : huge swollen battery

Hi All . I have a 2017 13" MBP which has been really gently treated. It sits on my desk - runs 2 monitors and has a case just for extra protection. In short it is immaculate ..... except....

Massive swollen battery - so swollen that the lid wont close , the touch pad is elevated and the lump around the touch pad is so large its starting to actually bend the lower frame ... it has a "u" shape.

Off to Apple Store tomorrow - but this cant be normal and should be covered by apple right ?

https://youtu.be/VbF7hHh2cNU

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 12:23 AM

UPDATE***

So i have to say i am impressed. I took the laptop to my local appple store - Ala Moana in Honolulu. They checked it out - and confirmed it was a swollen battery - would be fixed FREE - including a new lower body, keyboard and tracking pad. Estimated repair time was 12 days. i set up an old mac mini - and prepared to get by.

I get a call at 2pm today (the next day) - repair complete - come and pick up!

No loss of data - looks brand new.

And 1 very happy customer . Well done apple.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2020 12:23 AM in response to danheath2

UPDATE***

So i have to say i am impressed. I took the laptop to my local appple store - Ala Moana in Honolulu. They checked it out - and confirmed it was a swollen battery - would be fixed FREE - including a new lower body, keyboard and tracking pad. Estimated repair time was 12 days. i set up an old mac mini - and prepared to get by.

I get a call at 2pm today (the next day) - repair complete - come and pick up!

No loss of data - looks brand new.

And 1 very happy customer . Well done apple.

macbook pro 2017 13" Touch Bar : huge swollen battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.