Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with navigation on iPad Pro Magic keyboard

Hi there,

It’s been frustrating using the IPad Pro Magic keyboard just trying to type some notes. In particular, on Microsoft OneNote and even as i am typing my post here. And I’m not sure if there is anything that i missed or its a limitation.

1- Pressing on the left or right arrow keys does not bring the cursor back one character or move foreward one character within the sentence. All i see is the cursor flickering or scrolling slowly on the page. Am i expected to use the track pad to move the cursor whenever i need to perform the above required action?

Same goes to FILE app. Pressing the arrow keys doesn’t bring the selection from one file to the other ?See the screen capture below. I am not able to move from “on My iPad” to “Recently Deleted” or “iCloud Drive”folder using the up and down arrow.

This is very frustrating. Pressing the arrows keys trigger the selection of different object/selection on the page instead of just moving one character.

2- TAB key

How can I do away from the highlight on the different items on the screen whenever the TAB key is pressed? Each press on the TAB key, the next object on the page will be selected. Is there a way to “escape” from that mode when required? Referencing to the above screen capture, i am referring to the highlighted blue box on BROWSE.

Please help; Thanks!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 7:05 PM

I finally figured it out!

Turn OFF the Full Keyboard Access options under Settings-Accessibility-Keyboards

With this, OneNote will work perfectly, so will the other applications.

Similar questions

6 replies

Jun 16, 2020 9:18 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks for the suggestion. and I did a reset on the commands. Seems to work and working well now on Note, File, MS Word, GoodNotes and Chrome browser. These were the apps that didn’t work previously.

Now as it is, the problem still persist on Microsoft OneNote. The arrow buttons are still not working.

Ive attached the screen show as below. Whenever the arrow buttons are pressed, the action seems equivalent to pressing the TAB key. The different sections get selected with each arrow key press.

Problem with navigation on iPad Pro Magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.