Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone was stolen. I did an erase as a precaution. I don’t see my photos in the recently deleted on the iCloud Drive. Are they gone forever?

is there anyway to recover my photos after an erase. The photos are not in the recently deleted on the iCloud Drive.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 9:03 AM

Erasing the phone does not erase any of your data in iCloud. Also iCloud Photos and iCloud Drive are two different things.

If you had iCloud Photos turned on, you can also use a computer and login to icloud.com and go to the Photos app there. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on but do have an iCloud backup, you can use the backup to restore the entire phone (not just the photos) from iCloud or to set up a replacement phone but you cannot otherwise view the contents of the backup. Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 9:03 AM in response to PhilSRHS

Erasing the phone does not erase any of your data in iCloud. Also iCloud Photos and iCloud Drive are two different things.

If you had iCloud Photos turned on, you can also use a computer and login to icloud.com and go to the Photos app there. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on but do have an iCloud backup, you can use the backup to restore the entire phone (not just the photos) from iCloud or to set up a replacement phone but you cannot otherwise view the contents of the backup. Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

Jun 17, 2020 7:57 AM in response to PhilSRHS

If you had iCloud Photos turned on in the lost/stolen device, they should be visible on iCloud -- and they also should be on your other devices that have iCloud Photos turned on; iCloud Photos syncs all of your photos to all of your devices where the option is turned on. If they aren't there, the only possibility that I can think of is that iCloud Photos was not turned on in that device.

My iPhone was stolen. I did an erase as a precaution. I don’t see my photos in the recently deleted on the iCloud Drive. Are they gone forever?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.