Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMEI number problem with new phone

I bought a new iphone from Apple a month ago, received it in the mail and haven't been able to use it at all. The carrier of my former iphone5, Tracphone, said they could provide service before I bought the new one, sent a chip, and then said they couldn't. The cable co., Spectrum, also said they couldn't because there is a problem with the IMEI number. Verizon said the same thing. Did Apple sell me a defective or stolen phone?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 12:27 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 16, 2020 2:19 PM in response to LD150

My husband was doing this for me and he realized today that he copied the imei number down omitting the last digit. Once the Spectrum person told him he was missing a digit, the account was established with the right number. It is surprising the Tracphone person couldn't have said that. We are in our seventies and adapting to all this new technology is not the easiest thing.

IMEI number problem with new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.