Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting usb 3 to MacBook Pro

What do I need to connect my passport usb 3.0 male to my MacBook Pro usb-c female portb

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 11:23 PM

while as advised the apple adapter is good. but you can also get usb c to usb 3 adapter of another brand as well from amazon and elsehwere for half the price. just check their return policy. you can also consider, if you like, to purchase an adapter which as hdmi, usb3 port and usb c port...because you may need these ports in future. so instead of many you can have just one for all your needs.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 11:23 PM in response to Paleonorman

while as advised the apple adapter is good. but you can also get usb c to usb 3 adapter of another brand as well from amazon and elsehwere for half the price. just check their return policy. you can also consider, if you like, to purchase an adapter which as hdmi, usb3 port and usb c port...because you may need these ports in future. so instead of many you can have just one for all your needs.

Connecting usb 3 to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.