Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i walked for 11 min and another walk. for 8 minutes. why does my minute ring show ,3

I just got my Apple Watch 5. I did 2 walk workouts one for 11 minutes and another for 8. That sounds like 19 minutes to me. But my exercise ring says 3. Is there something I need to do to update my exercise ring?

thank you,

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 7:22 PM

7 replies

Jun 17, 2020 8:56 AM in response to Community User

I do everything I can to walk as long as I do. I have been sedentary for a long time, way over weight, have heart problems, and had two knee surgeries. I have to start some sheer, it is disappointing to not see all of my minutes that I worked hard for me at this time. It will get better, but I am starting from 500 steps a day to 3000 or more. I know I am not great but I am trying.

Jun 17, 2020 9:04 AM in response to Cabels24

Your heart rate may not be touching the threshold beating count to register that minute of exercise into the data.

Have you set up the app as per your conveniences like setting the app to monitor more than 65 beats as a way to consider it as an exercise.

That would cover your minutes of brisk walking.

It may as well be that your watch is malfunctioning.

Jun 17, 2020 9:26 AM in response to Cabels24

Here's your solution;

"Other Workout"

With this workout you earn the credit equivalent of a "brisk walk" which means 1 minute credit for every 1 minute in the workout regardless of how fast or how slow you walk,this is particulary useful for anyone that can't walk at the brisk walking pace of 3.3 mph or are recovering from injury or are an older person who just can't reach the "brisk walking" speed.

So if you do 30 minutes in the "other" workout then you will close your green exercise ring.Active calories are also recorded and estimated at a rate equivalent to a "brisk walk" or based on data recorded by the heart rate sensor in the watch, whichever is higher.

if i walked for 11 min and another walk. for 8 minutes. why does my minute ring show ,3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.