Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seeing Black lines on right hand side of my MacBook pro.

Am seeing black lines on right hand side of my MacBook Pro, here's the screenshot am attaching, what's the best way to resolve this and what could have been the problem.

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 10:12 PM

Almost looks like the Notification Center is pulled out however nothing is displaying. That may not be the case. Just wanted to state what it looks like.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. 
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, You can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 10:12 PM in response to sujanvanka

Almost looks like the Notification Center is pulled out however nothing is displaying. That may not be the case. Just wanted to state what it looks like.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. 
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, You can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Seeing Black lines on right hand side of my MacBook pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.