Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 5 dead pixels?

Hello,

i just purchased a series 5 Apple Watch 3 days ago and have come to notice an issue with some pixels that appear almost dead when I open the notifications tab in low light. During the day and in normal light conditions this problem isn’t noticeable but in low light, the vignetting on the left edge of the screen becomes very jagged and almost glitchy. I haven’t noticed this problem at any time other than when the notifications tab is open. I’ve never owned an Apple Watch before and I’m not sure if this is normal but I did purchase the product and I want to make sure that it is working how it is supposed to. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Apple Watch Series 5, 6

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 10:43 AM

Hello kaya166,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you've noticed what appears to be dead pixels on the display of your Apple Watch Series 5. You're in the right place to find a resolution.

It can be normal to experience a limited number of pixel anomalies, as outlined in the following resource:

About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later - Apple Support

Since the visual issues seem to be occurring in very specific conditions, it's possible this is more environmental or software in nature, rather than a hardware issue with dead pixels. Here are a few suggestions to help further isolate potential causes:

1. Update the Apple Watch to the latest watchOS: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support
  2. Restart the Apple Watch: How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support
  3. Switch to a different watch face, then try to replicate the behavior: Change the watch face on your Apple Watch - Apple Support
  4. Adjust the brightness level of your Apple Watch: Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2020 10:43 AM in response to kaya166

Hello kaya166,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you've noticed what appears to be dead pixels on the display of your Apple Watch Series 5. You're in the right place to find a resolution.

It can be normal to experience a limited number of pixel anomalies, as outlined in the following resource:

About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later - Apple Support

Since the visual issues seem to be occurring in very specific conditions, it's possible this is more environmental or software in nature, rather than a hardware issue with dead pixels. Here are a few suggestions to help further isolate potential causes:

1. Update the Apple Watch to the latest watchOS: Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support
  2. Restart the Apple Watch: How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support
  3. Switch to a different watch face, then try to replicate the behavior: Change the watch face on your Apple Watch - Apple Support
  4. Adjust the brightness level of your Apple Watch: Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

Apple Watch series 5 dead pixels?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.