Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Mac mail differ from iPhone mail?

I'm using the Mail app on my Macbook Air and the mail app on my iPhone with the same accounts (an iCloud account and a Gmail account). I have issues with both these accounts. On my mac mail client it shows that I have 802 mails (of with 712 are unread) whereas on my iPhone it says 456 total emails. This doesn't make sense at all. i tries synchronising the mail account but it didn't resolve the issue. What might be the reason I am facing this? Any solution to fix it?

I even tried an experiment i.e. to delete an email in my iPhone and then after a minute hit synchronise on my mac's Mail app. Result, the email didn't disappear from my mac mail app and continues to exist in the Inbox. Whereas on my iPhone is disappears.

On MacBook Air, 13-inch 2017 running macOS Mojave v10.14.6 (18G3020) with Mail App v12.4 (3445.104.11)

On iPhone XS, running iOS 13.3.1

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 6:21 AM

Nope. Both were IMAP i.e. whatever Apple configures by default with when I setup my Mac/iPhone. Anyway, I solved this issue now by completely turning off my mail account on my Mac and then re-enabling it and also doing step 2 mentioned here before re-enabling my iCloud mail account.

Similar questions

3 replies

Why does my Mac mail differ from iPhone mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.