Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silence check calls going straight to voicemail

I am missing very important phone calls because of the silence while locked on my iphone 10 xr. There is only 2 options for this and not one of those options is to uncheck this option to turn it completely off. This is not okay with me as these important calls I am missing are for very important circumstances which can affect my life.

Why would apple think that this is okay to not give us the option to uncheck this?

Also, if it is a unknown caller id it goes straight to voicemail also with this feature. Please Apple do something about this matter.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 9:15 AM

Those two options only apply when you have Do Not Disturb turned on. If Do Not Disturb is not on, it doesn't matter which of those options are selected.

You may want to look at Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers to see if that is turned on. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

2 replies

Silence check calls going straight to voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.