Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silence unknown calls without sending to voicemail

I want to silence unknown phone calls, however I do ‘not’ want them to go to voicemail.

I do not use nor require voicemail and have disabled it. However the phones act of sending a call to voicemail could enable it which I categorically do not want (even accidentally tapping the voicemail button can re-activate it).

I would rather the caller phone back if it was important or better still to send a text or emails revealing who they are. Voicemail is a problem and the caller will believe they have made a successful contact attempt if they leave a voicemail which would not be the case, as I would not review and voicemails (not using the feature).

Is there a way to mute unknown calls so that they are ‘not’ sent to voicemail?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2021 10:49 AM

No, sending directly to voicemail is the design. You would want to contact your carrier about disabling the voicemail option from their end as it’s their service feature.

1 reply

Silence unknown calls without sending to voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.