Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silence Unknown Callers bug

I used the Silence Unknown Caller functionality for a while, but it started sending all unknown callers to voicemail, even doctors, so I turned it OFF... but I still cannot receive unknown calls. All of my calls keep going to voicemail. How can this be fixed?

I have checked everywhere in my setting, turned it off, no numbers blocked, nothing. Even tried to save contacts that normally do it, but that does not help neither.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 7:35 PM

Bneelley01 Said:

"Silence Unknown Callers bug: I used the Silence Unknown Caller functionality for a while, but it started sending all unknown callers to voicemail, even doctors, so I turned it OFF... but I still cannot receive unknown calls. All of my calls keep going to voicemail. How can this be fixed? I have checked everywhere in my setting, turned it off, no numbers blocked, nothing. Even tried to save contacts that normally do it, but that does not help neither."

-------

Un-Blocking Unknown Calls:

Use a Third-Party App?...

If you are using an app made to filter out such calls, then remove it, or disable this feature.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 7:35 PM in response to Bneelley01

Bneelley01 Said:

"Silence Unknown Callers bug: I used the Silence Unknown Caller functionality for a while, but it started sending all unknown callers to voicemail, even doctors, so I turned it OFF... but I still cannot receive unknown calls. All of my calls keep going to voicemail. How can this be fixed? I have checked everywhere in my setting, turned it off, no numbers blocked, nothing. Even tried to save contacts that normally do it, but that does not help neither."

-------

Un-Blocking Unknown Calls:

Use a Third-Party App?...

If you are using an app made to filter out such calls, then remove it, or disable this feature.

Jul 7, 2022 6:19 PM in response to TheLittles

Of course!

On the MyAT&T app, there is something called “AT&T ActiveArmor”. The option was hiding from me originally but finally showed up on the home page. I clicked Manage Subscription and selected the “Allow Calls” option for both Fraud Calls and Spam Calls (pictures attached to demonstrate further). The issue I had specifically was from the Spam Calls section as I had it where calls would send to voicemail.

After correcting both, my doctor called me today to which I can confirm it did fix my issue.

Jul 7, 2022 11:31 PM in response to Bneelley01

Bneelley01 Said:

"Silence Unknown Callers bug: On the MyAT&T app, there is something called “AT&T ActiveArmor”. The option was hiding from me originally but finally showed up on the home page. I clicked Manage Subscription and selected the “Allow Calls” option for both Fraud Calls and Spam Calls (pictures attached to demonstrate further). The issue I had specifically was from the Spam Calls section as I had it where calls would send to voicemail. [...]After correcting both, my doctor called me today to which I can confirm it did fix my issue."

-------

Thanks for spreading the word. It will help many for certain.

Silence Unknown Callers bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.