Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls going straight to voicemail- even contacts

I have tried EVERY troubleshooting and I’m fed up. Most of my calls are going straight to voicemail and not showing up in my call logs. This includes unknown callers and most of my contacts. Anyone have a clue?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 8:55 AM

13 replies

Mar 2, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Louiesmomma

Not sure this is the cause of your issue but I had this same problem whenever my cell signal was not good. My phone wouldn't ring when someone called & there was even a delay in getting my VMs. I had to enable wifi calling to get calls to come through (settings>cellular>wifi calling). Have you tried that? If that doesn't work I suggest you call your cellular provider. Good luck!

Mar 3, 2022 8:40 PM in response to Louiesmomma

Does your call log show all the callers or only those people whose calls are coming through? If your call log doesn’t show everyone then it sounds like a problem with your carrier.

Think you said these people are all in your contacts so ‘silence unknown callers’ setting isn’t the cause (but I’d check anyway). Are you receiving all your VMs?

Mar 4, 2022 12:15 AM in response to Silverskates

They are not showing up in call logs. I do get their voicemails but not right away. Anytime from 5 mins to hours later. I’ve contacted my carrier and they keep “trying to get in touch” with me but they’re sent straight to voicemail and I’ll try to call back and I’m either on hold FOREVER or I get someone that doesn’t understand what I’m trying to tell them is the problem.

Mar 4, 2022 7:05 AM in response to Louiesmomma

That’s exactly what would happen to me when I had little to no cell signal & the signal was very unstable & changed constantly. Sounds like this is def a carrier issue. Call your provider when you’re wifi connected, wifi calling set to on & ask for level 2 Tech support. Give them your # & ask them to call you right back if call’s dropped (they should be able to reach you if you’re wifi connected & wifi calling is on). Eventually, AT&T told me the problem was the topography between my home & their towers. They said, ‘We don’t guarantee service everywhere’ which is a hard pill to swallow when you’re paying $160/mo. I ended up switching carriers & that solved my problems.

You’ve prob already done these but also try resetting your network settings, turn airplane mode on then off & reboot your phone.

Calls going straight to voicemail- even contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.