Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Font size for all system text - 2019 27" iMac

How do I increase font size for all menus, desktop, etc? Default is ridiculously small.

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 2:40 PM

Don't need the cheat or cmd J -- found the simple solution, it's PReferences, display, then there are several pre-set sizes for text/icons system wide, very nice. Only a slight visible difference in resolution and easily to change as needed for photography, but I see no difference in photos. Raw photos may vary. Anyway, it's an elegant and easy solution, just wasn't on the right menus.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2020 2:40 PM in response to Pete-Progressive-Graphics

Don't need the cheat or cmd J -- found the simple solution, it's PReferences, display, then there are several pre-set sizes for text/icons system wide, very nice. Only a slight visible difference in resolution and easily to change as needed for photography, but I see no difference in photos. Raw photos may vary. Anyway, it's an elegant and easy solution, just wasn't on the right menus.

Jun 18, 2020 6:15 AM in response to OceanGuy2020

Next then I have 2 options

1: Open System Preferences and go to Displays. Then under Resolution click Scaled instead of Default, this will offer the option of changing to Larger Text down to More Space. If you click Large Text I think you will notice a huge difference.

2: It's cheat but it will work.

If you plug in a TV/monitor as an extended screen with USB-C to HDMI cable the Mac will detect the extra screen and it offers the chance to change the resolution of your Mac screen. If you reduce the resolution it will not be as sharp but it increase the size of bar at the head of the screen.

Font size for all system text - 2019 27" iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.