Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I change the size of the fonts in iMac menus

The small font size for menus in iMac windows is too small for me to read comfortably. How do I make them all larger?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 4:28 PM

You can't. This is what I've done:

1 - put the Mac into Dark Mode. The white text agains a black background is much easier to see and read.

2 - in the System/Display preference pane select the next scaled option next to the default one to increase text size everywhere a bit. Note: If you have a laptop it will reduce the avilable screen real estate somewhat.

3 - in the System/Accessibility/Display/Display preference pane check these checkboxes.

What this does is make the text slightly larger but much more readable. I have glaucoma and AMD so this is a must for me. I hope it's given you some ideas to try.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2022 4:28 PM in response to Ess4mail

You can't. This is what I've done:

1 - put the Mac into Dark Mode. The white text agains a black background is much easier to see and read.

2 - in the System/Display preference pane select the next scaled option next to the default one to increase text size everywhere a bit. Note: If you have a laptop it will reduce the avilable screen real estate somewhat.

3 - in the System/Accessibility/Display/Display preference pane check these checkboxes.

What this does is make the text slightly larger but much more readable. I have glaucoma and AMD so this is a must for me. I hope it's given you some ideas to try.

how do I change the size of the fonts in iMac menus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.