Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband tempo change not working

Hello -

I am on GarageBand 10.2.0 ... I have a song that has three different tempos, I recorded it on 3 different tracks with 3 different click settings, then on the Tempo track I made the appropriate changes (it goes from 70 to 85 to 70), when I listen back the tempo number changes to 85 in the tempo setting at the top of the screen at the right moment but the speed of the playback stays at 70 ... thoughts ?

Thanks,

Dan

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 10:24 AM

• Select an audio track, and a region in the track,
  • Then go to the toolbar and click the button with the pair of scissors to open the editor.
  • Click the "Region" tab.
  • Now you should be seeing the "Follow tempo & Pitch" option.
  • If you do not see the "Follow Tempo & Pitch option, the editor panel may be too small. Then drag the dividing line between the editor and the track area upward or make the GarageBand window larger.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 10:24 AM in response to dbelmont2

• Select an audio track, and a region in the track,
  • Then go to the toolbar and click the button with the pair of scissors to open the editor.
  • Click the "Region" tab.
  • Now you should be seeing the "Follow tempo & Pitch" option.
  • If you do not see the "Follow Tempo & Pitch option, the editor panel may be too small. Then drag the dividing line between the editor and the track area upward or make the GarageBand window larger.

Garageband tempo change not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.