You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Playlist

I have several playlists on my Mac (latest OS) and subscribe to Apple Music. My playlists consist of Apple Music tracks and tracks from my own cd's.

I also have a MacBook Air which is included in the Apple Music subscription.

The playlists on the Mac are not the same as the playlists on the MacBook Air.

All of the playlists reside in Apple Music.

Why won't my MacBook Air show the same playlists as the Mac?

Everything is synchronised and all permissions are the same.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 11:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 10:53 AM

I think I have found a solution for this, at least in my case. Out of the 20+ playlists I have in iTunes about 8 would not sync/upload to Apple Music on any of my devices. Apple Support kept escalating the issue but could not figure out why and had "never seen this" before. Randomly playing around with the playlists out of frustration I found in each playlist one single song that had the double cloud symbol with a strikethrough stating "duplicate match already found in the cloud not synced" (or close to that verbiage. I searched my library and found I already had that song and was not sure where this duplicate came from but as soon as I deleted the one not synced, the playlist instantly appeared on every device. This worked in every playlist I was missing. I have no idea how a song was duplicated and not synced and Apple did not know why that would block a whole playlist from syncing to Apple Music but it worked for me. Hopefully that helps.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2020 10:53 AM in response to maddenedinUK

I think I have found a solution for this, at least in my case. Out of the 20+ playlists I have in iTunes about 8 would not sync/upload to Apple Music on any of my devices. Apple Support kept escalating the issue but could not figure out why and had "never seen this" before. Randomly playing around with the playlists out of frustration I found in each playlist one single song that had the double cloud symbol with a strikethrough stating "duplicate match already found in the cloud not synced" (or close to that verbiage. I searched my library and found I already had that song and was not sure where this duplicate came from but as soon as I deleted the one not synced, the playlist instantly appeared on every device. This worked in every playlist I was missing. I have no idea how a song was duplicated and not synced and Apple did not know why that would block a whole playlist from syncing to Apple Music but it worked for me. Hopefully that helps.

Jun 21, 2020 8:14 PM in response to maddenedinUK

This appears to be the solution!

As a collector of 1960's 'pop' music, this is a major worry as many tracks are on compilation albums. I like to keep the compilation and the album artwork and as a consequence there are many hundreds of duplicated tracks.

If I compile a playlist which will inevitably consist of some duplications then I can only play it on the Mac and not on any other Apple kit.

Seems a bit odd that this flaw should exist when it would take only a bit of code to correct it.

Apple Music Playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.