You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists created in my library on my Mac not fully sharing with my shared devices

I routinely build playlists in Music on my iMac consisting of songs I purchased in iTunes, music I uploaded from cd and music I downloaded via my Apple Music subscription. Often only portions of the full playlist show up on my shared devices???

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 14, 2022 12:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 1:34 PM

Have you noticed any pattern. Do all songs that you purchased from the iTunes Store show up? How about the songs from a CD? Only songs with the Apple Music subscription? You might try turning Sync Library off and back on for all your devices.

2 replies

May 18, 2022 6:14 PM in response to javaliga

Thank you Javalinga. I tried un-syncing my devices and then re-syncing and when I did the number of titles in the playlist in question on my shared devices increased considerably but not completely. No pattern regarding which songs as mentioned in your suggestions. So then I shut down both devices and restarted my Mac. When I fired up my shared devices I ended up right where I started. 225 songs in the Mac playlist but only 56 on the shared devices. Regardless, thanks again for your suggestions.

Playlists created in my library on my Mac not fully sharing with my shared devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.