Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dashboard Catalina missing - how to get it back

I have been forced while my FusionDrive crashed to upgrade to Catalina.

I request getting back my Dashboard...

I had so many useful widgets like calc or world clocks.

This is outrageous you killed this function not giving solutions instead.

How may I regain my Dashboard or the app which give me same functionality...

If there is no option I will be forced to downgrade system... ridiculous...

Thx,

Damian.

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 7:15 AM

If you are using a trackpad, a two-finger swipe moving from the extreme right-side of the trackpad to the left will slide the Notifications panel onto the main screen. Reversing this direction puts it away. This is a System Preferences : Trackpad : More Gestures option. It even works with the first generation (battery) Trackpad.

If no Trackpad, visit System Preferences : Keyboard : Shortcuts : Mission Control, select Show Notification Center, and in my case, I clicked None at the far right of this entry, and typed the F6 key. When I closed System Preferences, the F6 key toggled the entry/exit of the Notification center. See this article.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2020 7:15 AM in response to Demarko_PL

If you are using a trackpad, a two-finger swipe moving from the extreme right-side of the trackpad to the left will slide the Notifications panel onto the main screen. Reversing this direction puts it away. This is a System Preferences : Trackpad : More Gestures option. It even works with the first generation (battery) Trackpad.

If no Trackpad, visit System Preferences : Keyboard : Shortcuts : Mission Control, select Show Notification Center, and in my case, I clicked None at the far right of this entry, and typed the F6 key. When I closed System Preferences, the F6 key toggled the entry/exit of the Notification center. See this article.

Jun 18, 2020 5:03 AM in response to Demarko_PL

On Catalina, look at System Preferences : Extensions : Today panel and select the tools that are available. Once you have done that, then click on Notifications icon (top right) in the menu bar, and select the Today page.

I would not go through the risk, and minimal reward of reverting to Mojave for Dashboard widgets that virtually no developer continues to maintain. Dashboard is now 15 years old and time to move on.

Jun 21, 2020 5:51 AM in response to Demarko_PL

If Apple has not provided a "Mini calendar" in the Today extensions, then you will need to sift through the Mac App Store for a relevant solution — if it exists. The items in the Today Extensions are not the old Dashboard widgets, so restoring them in Extensions : Today is out of the question, and someone, whether Apple or otherwise would have to develop a replacement for the Today panel.

Dashboard Catalina missing - how to get it back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.