Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back up

Hi, two days ago i reset my setings to factory due to some problems and now can’t back up whatsapp chat history from icloud, already wrote to whatsapp support, they told me that it’s should be possible to recover previous back up because the last one probably damaged or something get wrong with it. Could you please help if its possible. I want to recover previous back up of whatsapp or maybe you can check the last one.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 4:33 AM

If WhatsApp support is suggesting restoring an iCloud backup, that’s what you need to do. You will have to erase the device in the settings before you can restore an iCloud backup. When you get to the point in the set up process, you will be given the option to restore a backup. You will want to choose the iCloud backup option. When you choose that option, you should see your two most recent iCloud backups. You will have to decide which one you want to use to restore to your phone.

Take a look at this before proceeding.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2020 4:33 AM in response to aliya260

If WhatsApp support is suggesting restoring an iCloud backup, that’s what you need to do. You will have to erase the device in the settings before you can restore an iCloud backup. When you get to the point in the set up process, you will be given the option to restore a backup. You will want to choose the iCloud backup option. When you choose that option, you should see your two most recent iCloud backups. You will have to decide which one you want to use to restore to your phone.

Take a look at this before proceeding.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.