Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add data sources to the step count of the apple health app?

I have an Apple Health app and I would like to syncronize the steps I take with my wristband samsung galaxyfit. However, in the apple health app, the wristband is listed as a datasource only for hearth rate. for steps, only the iphone itslef is used as data source. How can i add a source (in this case the wristband, or the samsung health app), to record steps?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 10:08 AM

Hello vals88,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Community! I see you want to use your Samsung GalaxyFit to track your steps and update it in your Health application, it is important to get your steps recorded accurately.

The Samsung health application will be the one responsible on tracking the steps as it is able to sync with the wristband and get the steps tracking data to the app then you can add the Samsung health application as a resource for tracking steps in your health application if it shows up as compatible with the health app, here are some articles and links that can help with it.

Samsung Health on the App Store.

Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch.

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch.

Take Care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 10:08 AM in response to vals88

Hello vals88,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Community! I see you want to use your Samsung GalaxyFit to track your steps and update it in your Health application, it is important to get your steps recorded accurately.

The Samsung health application will be the one responsible on tracking the steps as it is able to sync with the wristband and get the steps tracking data to the app then you can add the Samsung health application as a resource for tracking steps in your health application if it shows up as compatible with the health app, here are some articles and links that can help with it.

Samsung Health on the App Store.

Use the Health app on your iPhone or iPod touch.

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch.

Take Care!

How can I add data sources to the step count of the apple health app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.