Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing an Exchange calendar with the Mac Calendar app

I use Outlook for my email and the Apple Calendar app for my calendar and appointment. Since some people send me invitations through Outlook they end up on my Outlook calendar and I would like to sync the calendar with my Apple calendar. This seems to work nicely with the Calendar App on my iPhone, as I can see all the Exchange (Outlook) calendars on the phone app. However I tried to set it up so the Exchange calendars would sync with the Calendar app on my Mac and I get an error message "Calendar can’t refresh the account “Exchange”." I'm hoping someone can explain why these 2 different Apple devices are behaving differently and, hopefully, how to fix this.

David

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 10:11 AM

Hello xyz2789,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble adding a Calendar to your Mac. I’m happy to help.

To start, try the steps in the articles below:

Add or delete calendar accounts on Mac - Apple Support

About using Exchange calendars on Mac - Apple Support

Should the issue persist, please respond with the following:

1.) What macOS version are you running? Check by clicking  > About This Mac.

2.) Is this a personal email account or is it managed through your workplace, school, etc.?

3.) At what point in adding the Calendar are you receiving that error message?

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 10:11 AM in response to xyz2789

Hello xyz2789,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble adding a Calendar to your Mac. I’m happy to help.

To start, try the steps in the articles below:

Add or delete calendar accounts on Mac - Apple Support

About using Exchange calendars on Mac - Apple Support

Should the issue persist, please respond with the following:

1.) What macOS version are you running? Check by clicking  > About This Mac.

2.) Is this a personal email account or is it managed through your workplace, school, etc.?

3.) At what point in adding the Calendar are you receiving that error message?

Take care.

syncing an Exchange calendar with the Mac Calendar app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.