Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get outlook calendar invites(.ics) to save to my outlook on macbook pro?

how do i get outlook calendar invites(.ics) to save to my outlook client on macbook pro?

Is there a way to do this and if so, would it be possible to get step-by-step instructions?

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 7:24 AM

Two-finger click on the .ics file, select Open With > Microsoft Outlook (or select the file and use File menu > Open With).

If you want that to be the default behavior (i.e. open .ics files with Outlook when you double-click on them), select any .ics file then two-finger click and select Get Info (or File menu > Get info, or just ⌘I), then under the Open With section set the drop-down menu to Microsoft Outlook and click the Change All button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2020 7:24 AM in response to karthikch

Two-finger click on the .ics file, select Open With > Microsoft Outlook (or select the file and use File menu > Open With).

If you want that to be the default behavior (i.e. open .ics files with Outlook when you double-click on them), select any .ics file then two-finger click and select Get Info (or File menu > Get info, or just ⌘I), then under the Open With section set the drop-down menu to Microsoft Outlook and click the Change All button.

how do i get outlook calendar invites(.ics) to save to my outlook on macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.