Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop-up ad sound

Does anyone know how to turn off the sound on pop-up ads? I play solitaire at night and I can’t figure out how to eliminate the sound. I don’t want to turn down the ringer, because I forget to restore the volume.

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 1:50 PM

Hello Popupsound,

I understand you would like to turn the volume down for ads in a game you play without turning down your ringer volume. I'd like to give you some steps to help you do this.

Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics. Under the volume slider, turn off 'Change with Buttons'. This will allow you to adjust the volume on your iPhone using the volume buttons without the volume for your ringer and alerts changing. You will need to turn this back on if you ever want to be able to adjust ringer and alerts volume using the buttons on your device.

If you're using an app to play solitaire, the app itself may also have settings that will allow you to turn down and/or turn off the volume in the game. If you're using Safari to play that game, you can also try blocking pop-up ads altogether. You'll find steps on how to do that here: About pop-up ads and windows in Safari.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 1:50 PM in response to Popupsound

Hello Popupsound,

I understand you would like to turn the volume down for ads in a game you play without turning down your ringer volume. I'd like to give you some steps to help you do this.

Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics. Under the volume slider, turn off 'Change with Buttons'. This will allow you to adjust the volume on your iPhone using the volume buttons without the volume for your ringer and alerts changing. You will need to turn this back on if you ever want to be able to adjust ringer and alerts volume using the buttons on your device.

If you're using an app to play solitaire, the app itself may also have settings that will allow you to turn down and/or turn off the volume in the game. If you're using Safari to play that game, you can also try blocking pop-up ads altogether. You'll find steps on how to do that here: About pop-up ads and windows in Safari.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Pop-up ad sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.