Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail keeps popping up

Whatever I do, the Mail App keeps popping up and interrupting me. I noticed this happens whenever there is an issue with one of the e-mail addresses. For example, the servers for my Yahoo! e-mail addresses keep failing and whenever that happens mail keeps popping up, probably to let me know. I understand why this might be vital. You don't want to miss an important mail because the servers or the app is failing.

Is there a way to stop this behaviour, though? Maybe by playing around in Terminal? I would like the Mail App to never pop up by itself again, there must be something to restrict its ability to do that.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 9:51 AM

Try using the yellow (Minimize) button to close the Mail window instead of the red (Close) button. In Dock system preference you can enable "Minimize windows into application icon" to avoid creating an extra dock icon.

3 replies

Mail keeps popping up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.