Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover usernames and passwords?

My I pad air 2 has been stolen, got another one from my husband. How I can recover user names and passwords from stolen device?

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 11:05 AM

Assuming that you refer to your Keychain, and also making assumption that this was configured to synchronise with iCloud prior to loss of your old iPad - then simply using your existing AppleID to set-up your new iPad will recover the Keychain.

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Keychain > iCloud Keychain - set to ON

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2020 11:05 AM in response to magdalena1902

Assuming that you refer to your Keychain, and also making assumption that this was configured to synchronise with iCloud prior to loss of your old iPad - then simply using your existing AppleID to set-up your new iPad will recover the Keychain.

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Keychain > iCloud Keychain - set to ON

How to recover usernames and passwords?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.