Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to update Mac OS from OS X Yosemite to MacOS Catalina but app store wont allow me

Hi there

I am currently running on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 with my Macbook Pro Retina 13 inch 2013 model.

I am trying to update to Catalina to use certain applications that require atleast 10.11 El Capitan or later.

When I try to do it via the app store using my mac, I get a pop up to log in using my Apple ID and Password. It then asks "An Apple ID verification code is required to sign in. Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices."

I receive the verification code on my other devices but there is no place where I can type it in on my Mac. The pop up does not come up to allow me to input the verification code.

Please help. I need to update my OS.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 12:29 PM

Put it after your password in the password field. For example, if your password is 11 and the code is 22, put in 1122.

(181613)

1 reply

Trying to update Mac OS from OS X Yosemite to MacOS Catalina but app store wont allow me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.