Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Contacts app is not reponsive

For some time now the Contacts app that is part of the OS has been very unresponsive. It is much easier to add, edit and group contacts in iCloud than it is on the desktop. The wheel spins and spins for almost any editing action. Contacts crashes way too often.

Do others suffer the same lack of responsiveness? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

My sense is that this goes back to before Catalina was introduced last October, but I could be wrong.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 5:45 PM

Hey there Steven Weinberg1,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues using Contacts as expected on your Mac. I’ll be happy to help with this.

To verify, does this issue occur in safe mode or a new user account? Test in both to verify:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Also, are you using any other accounts with your Contacts app? If so, try disabling contacts for those accounts and see if this has any impact on the issue. If it does, add one account back and see if the issue returns. This link has more details on how to do this:

Add contacts from iCloud, Google, and more to Contacts on Mac

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 5:45 PM in response to Steven Weinberg1

Hey there Steven Weinberg1,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues using Contacts as expected on your Mac. I’ll be happy to help with this.

To verify, does this issue occur in safe mode or a new user account? Test in both to verify:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Also, are you using any other accounts with your Contacts app? If so, try disabling contacts for those accounts and see if this has any impact on the issue. If it does, add one account back and see if the issue returns. This link has more details on how to do this:

Add contacts from iCloud, Google, and more to Contacts on Mac

Take care.

The Contacts app is not reponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.