Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if my carrier says my imei doesnt match the device but i have the same imei on box and in phone

What if my carrier says my imei doesnt match the device and i have the same numbers on box and phone

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 3:55 PM

Instead of a “what if”, I suggest you provide your precise scenario l Here’s an example:

”I purchased my iPhone new from ... . I had it locked to (this carrier). I pre-registered this device, supplying my mobile telephone number and billing information when I ordered it. The iPhone arrived today. I used the SIM enclosed in the iPhone, and at activation time, I saw the following message:”

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2020 3:55 PM in response to Mrs5Who0Dat4

Instead of a “what if”, I suggest you provide your precise scenario l Here’s an example:

”I purchased my iPhone new from ... . I had it locked to (this carrier). I pre-registered this device, supplying my mobile telephone number and billing information when I ordered it. The iPhone arrived today. I used the SIM enclosed in the iPhone, and at activation time, I saw the following message:”

what if my carrier says my imei doesnt match the device but i have the same imei on box and in phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.